Top 10 Best Startups In The World | Most Successful Startups

 According to a survey, there is only a 10% chance of a startup to be successful. Do you know what that means? Almost 90% of startups fail every year.

The most common reason startups fail is due to “No Market Need”. Entrepreneurs create startups that don't provide any value or solve a common problem. 

So, I am listing the top 10 most successful startups in the world. Which not only succeed to survive but also become some of the most valued companies in the world.

List of Top 10 Most Successful Startups in the World

1. AirBnB

  • Airbnb is an online marketplace for vacation rentals, and tourism activities.
  • This Startup is based in San Francisco, California and their platform is accessible via website and mobile app.
  • The company was founded in 2008 by Brian Chesky, Nathan Blecharczyk and Joe Gebbia.

2. Instagram

  • Instagram is a photo and video sharing social networking platform founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.
  • In April 2012, Facebook acquired instagram for about $1 billion in cash and stock.
  • The app allows users to upload photos and videos that can be edited with filters and posts can be shared publicly or with followers.

3. Pinterest

  • Pinterest is an image sharing and social media platform designed to enable saving and discovery of ideas on the internet using images and, on a smaller scale, animated GIFs and videos, in the form of pinboards.
  • The site was founded by Evan Sharp, Paul Sciarra, and Ben Silbermann and had over 478 million monthly active users.
  • Pinterest has also been described as a "visual search engine".

4. Angry Birds

  • The company focuses on the angry birds who try to save their eggs from green pigs, their enemies.
  • The first game in the series was launched on 11 December 2009 for iOS and at that time, the swine flu epidemic of 2009 was in the news, so the creators decided to use pigs as the enemies of the Angry Birds.
  • Its popularity led to creation of many versions of Angry Birds like it was created for PCs and video game consoles, a market for merchandise featuring its characters, Angry Birds Toons, a television animated series, and two films: The Angry Birds Movie and its sequel The Angry Birds Movie 2.

5. Linkedin

  • LinkedIn is a business and employment oriented online platform that operates via websites and mobile apps both.
  • Launched on May 5, 2003, the platform is generally used for professional networking and career development which allows job seekers to post their CVs and at the same time employers to post jobs.
  • As of September 2021, LinkedIn has more that 774 million registered members from 200+ countries.

6. Uber

  • Uber is a technology company. Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery (Uber Eats and Postmates), package delivery, couriers and through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental.
  • The startup is also based in San Francisco and has operations in over 900 metropolitan areas worldwide.
  • Uber is estimated to have over 93 million monthly active users worldwide.

7. Snapchat

  • Snapchat is a multimedia instant messaging app.
  • One of the key features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages usually disappear in a short time.
  • Snapchat was created by Reggie Brown, Bobby Murphy, and Evan Spiegel, former students at Stanford University.

8. WhatsApp

  • WhatsApp is an instant messaging platform owned by Facebook. 
  • It allows users to send text and voice messages, make voice and video calls over the internet, and share images, videos, documents, user locations, and other content.
  • WhatsApp's app runs on mobile devices but it is also accessible from desktops, as long as the user's mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop version.

9. Twitter

  • Twitter is a microblogging and social networking platform on which users write and interact with messages known as "tweets".
  • Twitter users can post, like, and retweet other tweets, but unregistered twitter users can only read tweets that are publicly available.
  • Users can access Twitter through website and mobile app both.

10. Facebook

  • Facebook is an online social media and social network platform, founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with his Harvard College friends and roommates Chris Hughes, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Eduardo Saverin.
  • Facebook can be accessed from any device with good Internet connectivity, such as personal computers, tablets and of course smartphones.
  • Facebook has 2.8 billion monthly active users, and ranked number seventh in the global internet usage list.