12 Best Startup Companies to Work for in Bangalore
According to a survey, Bengaluru wins the first spot among experienced professionals and freshers alike as 61% respondents said that the city offered best opportunities for professionals to kick-start their career in the industry.
It has been featured as the GO TO place for work for many years now, and the city has seen people from across regions, occupations and profiles make it their home!
Why Work in Bangalore?
- Moderate climate
- Soft natured locals
- Multi lingual
- Large Industries/Companies across the board- IT/ITES, Manufacturing, Science & tech,Real Estate , Infrastructure , Healthcare , Education and many more.
- Cost of Living is almost the same as any Big city/Metro
- Good After-work-life
List of Best Startup Companies to Work for in Bangalore:
Global headcount: 500
- A non-mover from last year is wellness startup Cult.Fit, whose products and services range from fitness and nutrition to therapy and healthcare.
- The three year old company has made well-being central to its corporate culture, and offers flexible working hours, unlimited leave and even a food allowance.
Global headcount: 56
Category: Information technology
- Three-year-old internet company TapChief is a newcomer to LinkedIn’s top startups list.
- The tech platform, which connects users with experts for professional advice, made the ranks this year for its strong emphasis on mentorship and career growth.
- The Bangalore headquartered business also offers unlimited vacation and lets you bring your dog to the office.
Global headcount: 480
- Payments platform Razorpay moves up five places this year to fourth position.
- The startup was founded in Bangalore in 2014 to help businesses process payments and has since grown to a team of almost 500.
- In addition to receiving a good degree of project autonomy, employees also enjoy a range of benefits including games nights and staff outings. Plus, employees are invited to take over Razorpay’s Instagram handle for a day and publicly express their opinion about the company.
Global headcount: 900
Category: Ride Sharing
- Bangalore based electric scooter company Bounce has expanded quickly since its launch in 2014 to become the world’s fastest growing bike sharing startup.
- Today, it offers a varied range of job opportunities across finance, operations, engineering and product design.
- It is looking to create 5,500 new jobs in the coming months.
Global headcount: 75
Category: Artificial Intelligence
- Joining the list for the first time this year is five-year-old data labelling platform Playment.
- Backed by investors including Y Combinator and Google Launchpad, the startup attracts techies with its range of innovative projects including autonomous vehicles, drones and mapping.
- It also doesn’t obsess over college degrees or employment history, saying: “Experiences per year is counter over years of experience.”
Global headcount: 400
- Mfine is an artificial intelligence-powered healthcare app that provides users instant online access to medical advice.
- The quickly expanding two year old company offers healthcare and tech professionals a youthful and dynamic workplace.
Global headcount: 10,049
- Udaan is solving core trade problems faced by small and medium businesses that are unique to India, through its unique India fit lowcost business model by leveraging technology and bringing the benefits of eCommerce to them.
- It is a one stop shop for all business requirements in the b2b space.
Global headcount: 1,181
- Dunzo is an Indian company that delivers groceries and essentials, fruits and vegetables, meat, pet supplies, food, and medicines in major cities.
- It also has a separate service to pick up and deliver packages within the same city. Dunzo currently provides its delivery services in eight Indian cities including Bangalore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Pune, Chennai, Jaipur, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- The company also operates a bike taxi service in Gurgaon. Dunzo is headquartered in Bangalore and was founded in 2014 by Kabeer Biswas along with co-founders Ankur Agarwal, Dalvir Suri and Mukund Jha.
Global headcount: 346
Category: Information technology
- Nineleaps is a technology product development specialist building high performance solutions.
- At Nineleaps, they are enablers of Digital Transformation across industries, helping partner companies become future ready.
- They love solving challenging problems and building great products on cutting edge technologies. They aspire to build an organisation that their customers trust with quality software.
Global headcount: 241
Category: Information technology
- Simpl has revolutionized online checkout in India by creating a Pay-Later platform, empowering e-commerce merchants to offer their consumers 1 click checkout, a line of credit at POS, and full buyer protection.
- It aims to empower merchants to own their customer's checkout experience.
Global headcount: 3,054
- Meesho operates as an online reselling platform that enables anyone to start a business without investment.
- Meesho is a business platform trusted by more than 2.6 million resellers across India.
- The company was founded in 2015 by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwa and is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka.
12. Digit Insurance
Global headcount: 1,071
- Digit Insurance is a financial services company that provides general insurance services.
- Digit is a general insurance company started by Kamesh Goyal and backed by the Fairfax Group.
- Its services include car insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, commercial vehicle insurance, and shop insurance. The company is driven by a mission to reimagine products and redesign price processes.
1. Do startups in Bangalore pay well?
The typical Startup Software Engineer salary is Rs. 5,73,426 per year. Software Engineer salaries at Startup can range from Rs. 2,10,620 - Rs. 20,83,943 per year.
2. How much do startups pay in Bangalore?
Employees at Startup earn an average of Rs. 25 lakhs, mostly ranging from Rs. 10 lakhs per year to Rs. 50 lakhs per year based on 140 profiles.
3. Is Bangalore Good for startup?
The city has the best entrepreneurial ecosystem and financial environment to start and grow a business. Moreover, the metropolitan city has a lot of networking opportunities that foster the growth of startups in the area and thus makes Bangalore a “Startup Heaven”.
4. Do Startups pay salary on time?
A startup is a small business venture that has been newly created. Although it is well known that startups pay very lucrative salaries and incentives in the form of profit sharing and stock options to the employees yet, before joining a startup there are lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' going on in the minds of the candidates.
With the amazing infrastructure and amenities, the silicon valley of India has become one of the most attractive markets and incubators for startups. This List of Best Startup Companies to work for in Bangalore help you find your dream work place in Bangalore.